If you have been a lawful resident in the UK for a continuous 10 years you can apply for settlement. Settling will allow you to stay in the UK without any time restrictions.
- continuous lawful residence in the UK for 10 years;
- sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom;
- the applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
If you don’t meet all the eligibility requirements you may be able to apply for the extension of your stay for 2 years.
Please note that:
- you must be in the UK to apply;
- you cannot have absences from the UK for a period of more than six months at any one time or a total of 18 months outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period.
- the immigration rules for Long Residence do not allow dependants;
- your application can be under consideration for up to 6 months.
Alrose Legal provides assistance in assessing an individual’s options and eligibility for Long Residence status. Please do not hesitate to contact us for professional advice.