If you intend to come to the UK to give notice, get married or enter a civil partnership with the person settled in the UK or British citizen and to stay in the UK for more than 6 months you will need to apply to join family living permanently in the UK.
You will need to apply online outside the UK. The visa is granted for 6 months during which you will not be able to work. This period does not count towards the continuous period of leave needed to qualify for settlement as a partner. Before your visa expires you can apply to remain in the UK with family.
You and your partner must be 18 or over and prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of your arriving in the UK.
- intention to continue living with your partner in the UK after you apply;
- any previous relationships you or your partner had must be permanently broken down;
- you should have adequate accommodation;
- you must also meet the financial requirement of £18,600 per year;
- good knowledge of English languge.
UK immigration law is complicated and often confusing to those unfamiliar with the rules, regulations and procedures. Our immigration adviser can translate technical issues into plain English and cast a light upon the complex issues of immigration legislation. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your options and how we can assist you in your application.